The Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Sports Complex (HSC) is located in the south side of the city, next to the heavy-traffic road the Dubai Bypass Road. At 24 hectares there are two buildings (two hectares) and the landscaping area (22 hectares). In the main building, which is the main area of events, it's possible to accommodate four Olympic Aquatic Sports in our three swimming pools, 11 dry sports and various social and cultural events, with the seating capacity of at least 15,000 spectators. In the second building (Services Building), there are the infrastructure for mechanics and the technical support.
To serve the needs of different events - spectators, media, services - etc, - there are eight parking areas for around 1600 cars.
The HSC is the largest sports Aquatic Sports Centre in the world. The aesthetics in and outside the venue connect the Arab culture with modern world.
Thus, the imposing presence of this would enable the citizens of the city of Dubai and people from all over world to watch the major sports non-sport events in comfort, safety and respect. And at the same time, they'll be able to enjoy many programs for public of all ages and classes.
In HSC you can keep fit in the modern facilities of the venue and enjoy its majesty.
- The area of the Complex is 24 hectares:
- 2 buildings, the main building and the services (Energy center).
- 3 main entrances for cars and busses.
- 1588 parking areas In 8 categories:
- VVIPs, VIPs, Athletes, Media & Services, Bus & Taxi drop off, Police & Civil defense and Public
- Royal seats for VVIPs.
- Seating capacity 15,000 seats approximately.:
- Media Centre (Press work area) with a large Press Conference room with all modern related equipments.
- 2 restaurants for public.
- 6 large Hospitality Areas.
- 14 Executive Boxes.
- 1 Main Security room.
- Athlete helping areas.
- 1 main Emergency Clinic (with all the necessary medical equipments) and 1 first aid room in each level.
- 1 special room constructed for Doping control.
- 3 Swimming pools in a row
- The main pool (competition pool)-50m Olympic distance
- Diving pool - 25m & 5m depth.
- Training and Warm-up pool - 50m.
- Capable of hosting 9 dry sports and a variety of non-sport events.
- Offices for:
- Complex staff.
- International federations (depending on the event hosted).
- Organizing committees (depending on the event hosted).
- Wi Fi
- 4G coverage and GSM for 20,000 people.
- 10x5m scoreboard screen size allowing everyone to see the scoring and timing).
Solar Energy is used to power all external lights and in heating the pools.
Hamdan Bin Mohamed Sports Complex is a the region's fully-integrated, ultra-modern aquatic, track and field stadium. Covering 24 hectares and boasting a seating capacity for 15,000 spectators, the complex can host 13 different sports, ranging from basketball and tennis to boxing and martial arts, swimming, diving contests and water polo, among many others.
Spread over two buildings and with parking for 2,100 cars, the complex caters to Royalty, VVIPs, VIPs, athletes and the Press. The Media Centre alone can accommodate 200 media personnel and is equipped with the latest state-of-the-art media facilities. Separate offices are available for international federations, organising committees and WiFi for over 1,000 people. In terms of cellular access, over 20,000 people can enjoy 4G coverage and GSM.
Being an environmentally-conscious organisation, the Hamdan Bin Mohamed Sports Complex uses solar panels to power all external lights and the heat the main pool, diving pool and training and warm-up pool.